- This role is located in Pune, India. Only local candidates will be considered.
About the Role:
As a 3D Artist on the Dark Slope India team, you will create 3D assets to be integrated into our VR programs, without taking away either the artistic vision or going beyond the technical limits of the platform. The ideal candidate has an impeccable portfolio of relevant work and experience in Maya and Photoshop.
- Create realistic 3D models and textures for the game/program environment, including organic objects and props, that are suitable for VR
- Sculpt/model, UV and texture and integrate both high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline
- Test 3D assets by importing and previewing in the Unreal game engine
- Seek feedback to verify the quality of 3D assets and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Work within the artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications for the game/program
- Rigging and animating props when required
- 2-3+ years experience working as a 3D artist
- 1+ years experience working with a game engine, bonus if experience using Unreal Engine
- Intermediate experience in:
A portfolio of relevant work experienceAbility to self-organize work, managing files and following naming conventionsStrong verbal and written communication skills, allowing you to work effectively in a team environment
- Substance Painter
- Rigging/Skin weighting/Blendshape/IK skills
- Previous experience with Substance Designer
- Experience working with VR/XR
Reporting to: Lead Technical Artist
Company Description: Dark Slope is an immersive learning and spatial solutions company. Founded by a team of technology and content veterans passionate about the possibilities of spatial computing, Dark Slope leverages Involve, its XR learning platform, to drive a new wave of remote simulation training and team collaboration. Working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions, Dark Slope currently operates across: health and safety, field operations and soft skill development.
Visit www.darkslope.com for more information.