Virtual and Augmented Reality are transforming enterprise through new immersive training and collaborative experiences. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team responsible for Dark Slope’s XR enterprise applications. A successful candidate possesses strong design principles, and a strong experience in generating, testing and refining ideas, from concept to implementation. VR/AR/MR experiences are new and evolving rapidly, ideal candidates will help us build best-in-class experiences that demonstrate the value of XR to our execs and product team partners.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team responsible for Dark Slope’s XR enterprise applications. A successful candidate possesses strong design principles, and a strong experience in generating, testing and refining ideas, from concept to implementation. VR/AR/MR experiences are new and evolving rapidly, ideal candidates will help us build best-in-class experiences that demonstrate the value of XR to our execs and product team partners.
- Coordinate with the product owner and rest of the team to deliver a coherent project vision from concept through to execution
- Assist in customer research and analytics activities, to outline present conditions and gain insights into future areas of development
- Assist in development of XR best practices and design element library
- Connect with users, to identify and validate their pain points and priorities
- Work with product management to analyze customer requirements and articulate suitable directions
- Team up with fellow designers to provide feedback, cooperate, and share best practices across the organization
- Adopt patterns & elements from the Dark Slope XR design system and contribute back to its evolution
- Collaborate with software developers to explore new capabilities, assess constraints and ensure feasibility
- Generate design artifacts (user stories, ideation sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, UI artifacts, task flows, storyboards and prototypes) to support the communication, evaluation and implementation of new design solutions
- Craft design directions and specifications that support an iterative development and prototyping, in a timely manner
- A strong track record of interactive design and the ability to translate ideas into features that are optimized for XR, realtime 3D and game engines
- Present designs to wide range of audiences including users, management, engineering and quality assurance
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, industrial), HCI, or a related field (in lieu of degree, 3+ years of relevant work experience required).
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of visual design.
- Expert level proficiency in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Ability to work with developers in a highly technical environment.
- Deep understanding of XR best practices
- Experienced in XR Interactive design in immersive experience
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas into easy to understand concepts
- Ability to work in a user-centered development environment, where designs are created, iterated, and developed within a highly collaborative cross functional team
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from management and teammates
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations and deliver on them in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce
- Ability to work in a start-up fashion (things will move fast)
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with design toolsets and software like Figma, AdobeXD, Sketch
Useful Skills & Experience
- Some game engine experience with either Unity or Unreal
- Experience with 3D modeling to contribute to grey box prototypes
- Experience with AR/VR/MR
- Excellent skills in problem definition and analysis; ability to identify and describe the “right” problem from a set of data of varying types
- Technical background and/or a demonstrable understanding of modern software development processes
Company DescriptionDark Slope leverages Involve XR, its XR learning platform, to drive a new wave of effective training and team collaboration. Working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions.
“Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn.”
Involve XR is Dark Slope's immersive learning platform that allows learners to access realistic 3D spaces and objects to learn, observe, practise and apply skills.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
As we continue down this amazing adventure, we are looking for whip smart and creative go-getters who want to make a profound impact on what we’re building to join our amazing team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!