Senior Instructional Designer
Virtual and Augmented Reality are transforming enterprise through new immersive training and collaborative experiences. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team responsible for Dark Slope’s XR enterprise applications. A successful candidate possesses strong instructional design principles, and a strong experience in generating, testing and refining ideas, from concept to implementation. VR/AR/MR experiences are new and evolving rapidly, ideal candidates will help us build best-in-class experiences that demonstrate the value of XR to our execs and product team partners.
- You will be responsible for solving interesting education & training problems with world-class SMEs, engineers, and researchers. Your day to day will require working with a cross-functional and agile team focusing on translating and developing experiential learning curriculums for an immersive virtual reality platform.
- Coordinate with the product owner and rest of the team to deliver a coherent project vision from concept through to execution
- Conduct training research and analytics activities, to outline present conditions and gain insights into future areas of development from a learning efficacy perspective
- Conducts needs analyses through interviews & workshops to distill and articulate the problem(s) and/or skills gaps that need to be solved with immersive training development.
- Analyze customer and national standard source content to organize and define the learning objectives required to solve the problem.
- Identify misconceptions and prerequisite knowledge related to the learning objectives.
- Help design an engaging, immersive, and effective learning experience to instruct trainees and provide them with virtual hands-on experience to master the skills.
- Create learning flow, scripts, visual storyboards.
- Create detailed workflow documentation for software developers to build from.
- Test and refine the virtual learning experience to improve real world outcomes.
- Must be flexible in work assignments and able/willing to apply instructional design to various learning situations.
- 2-3 years of experience in instructional design or in learning product/training development (software) is required and the preferred areas of educational, professional or consumer products. Bachelor's degree
- Strong technology skills, use of media and instructional design techniques.
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas and curriculum into easy to understand learning outcomes and materials
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from management and teammates
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations and deliver on them in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce
- Educate, and evangelize instructional design frameworks for the next generation of experiential training
- Ability to work in a start-up fashion (things will move fast)
- Experience with AR/VR/XR is preferred
- Experience in an agile development environment
Useful Skills & Experience
- Facilitating and developing roleplay or scenario based training experience
- Career & Technical Education (CTE) / Workforce training experience is preferred
- Experience developing for AR/VR/MR
- Rolling out training on a pilot program level
Dark Slope leverages Involve, its XR learning platform, to drive a new wave of effective training and team collaboration. Working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions.
“Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn.”
Involve XR is Dark Slope's immersive learning platform that allows learners to access realistic 3D spaces and objects to learn, observe, practise and apply skills.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
As we continue down this amazing adventure, we are looking for whip smart and creative go-getters who want to make a profound impact on what we’re building to join our amazing team. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Expected start date: 2021-01-11