Dark Slope Studios is seeking a Technical Director to join us in delivering the next generation of HyperReality Television as we reinvent the Reality TV genre using metaverse technologies.
This role is critical to the success of the company, and will contribute by growing and leading the technical capabilities of our production teams to deliver on key projects. Our director will oversee the technical infrastructure for Dark Slope’s HyperReality Television initiative focused on mocap-driven kids and adult animation. They will also build software and automations across multiple projects to streamline our production pipeline that integrates with Unreal Engine.
This is a permanent position with remote and work from home options available until we can safely work in the office.
- Provide technical direction on project decisions, determine technology and infrastructure best suited for each project
- Facilitate the development of software toolsets, scripts and automations for a television production pipe that integrates with Unreal Engine
- Oversee and provide guidance on the use of third party tools and APIs for a television production pipe
- Resource and provide integrations with IT, video and audio hardware
- Understanding project briefs and work alongside producers, product owners and team members to develop plans, schedules, and targets as required during the project
- Analyzing and changing processes to increase efficiency and cost effectiveness, creating best practices for all projects and the business unit
- Communicate with internal teams (including leadership), clients and other stakeholders and facilitate communication between internal teams
- Assist in resourcing, recruiting and employee development to build the project teams
- Lead and Manage external development teams
- Setup and grow the internal programming team
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in the games or television industry, and experience in a similar role
- Significant understanding of Unreal Engine game engine and its mechanics
- Exceptional management, problem solving and communication skills
- 5+ years C++ programming skills and Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of Python, multiple programming languages and software engineering practices
Useful Skills & Experience
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent
- Interest in television, multiplayer VR gaming and cloud computing
- Familiarity with television production hardware
- Candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada are preferred, but our first priority is hiring the best people we can find
Dark Slope Studios is a Toronto based studio re-inventing the Reality TV genre using metaverse. From our virtual production stage in Toronto we create, develop and produce mocap-driven kids and adult animation. Dark Slope is dedicated to creativity and innovation, utilizing game engine technology to deliver the next generation entertainment experiences to global audiences. Our team works together creating content for NBC Universal, Nickelodeon, MTV, Warner Media, NBC, and TVOntario amongst others. We are now looking to build our team to help us create our next batch of exciting new entertainment properties!
What We Offer
Appetite for adventure? Bored of bureaucracy? Rearing for responsibility?
If this speaks to you, Dark Slope is the place for you. We offer the opportunity to work on incredible projects with great people, break out of corporate bureaucracy and take on leadership opportunities. Our employees have a voice in our work to revolutionize the workplace and consumer entertainment with spatial technologies.
Where We Work
We work together in a new 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto featuring a state of the art motion capture facility, located just minutes away from both Dundas West and Lansdowne Subway Stations. Our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver entertainment that make our customers say ‘wow’!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.