Technical Product Owner
Technical Product Owner
Toronto, ON, Canada
At Dark Slope, we believe that scalable immersive training solutions will empower and revolutionize the way in which we re-skill and upskill our workforce. Our spatial training solutions can reduce or eliminate travel and simulation costs, improve trainee retention, reduce new employee ramp up times, and dramatically improve on-the-job efficiency.
The right people take on challenges that come with building new technologies head on! We need people to help us drive a new wave of effective training and team collaboration, working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions. We’re entering our next stage of growth and are looking for energetic, solution oriented and curious minds to join us as we build the foundation of our company.
As a Technical Product Owner, you will work cross-functionally with our executive and engineering teams to drive and execute the development of immersive learning products. You enjoy working under tight deadlines and executing challenging projects.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the definition, scope and prioritization of our next strategic Product built on Dark Slope’s Involve XR platform, defining the vision, strategy, planning and execution within a roadmap.
- Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you will collaborate across many different Dark Slope teams as well as our customers and technology partners to help us create the future of Immersive Learning.
- Build products and capabilities that empower our developers to move fast with high quality.
- Evaluate and prioritize features and enhancements that leverage user personas, market analysis, instructional research and usability study results.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product(s).
- Build and drive a data-driven approach to the Involve XR platform with advanced analytics and visualization tools, tackling problems like proving learning efficacy, driving skill development insights at a personal level and across larger cohorts, and harnessing ML to automate learning pathways and experiences.
- Participate in high-level strategic planning meetings with customers, executives, and effectively translate topics of the broader customer experience domain into actionable goals & tasks.
- Take a lead role in driving a solution for multiple learning modules with engineers and other stakeholders ranging from high-concept design to deep technical levels, making sure the voice of the market and customer “jobs-to-do” are being satisfied with proof of value.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key stakeholders across the organization, including the executive team.
- Stay current with the VR/AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, 3D mapping, and game engines.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with both design and game developer teams within an Agile framework.
- Balance competing priorities to optimize the product roadmap.
- Occasionally manage projects relevant to areas of expertise to bring about change in product, processes, organization.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 4-6 years development experience
- 4-6 years in a technical product management role in an enterprise setting
- 4-6 years of successful Agile delivery experience
- Managing product backlogs in an agile scrum CI/CD environment
- Understand agile rituals and artifacts - inception, iteration planning, and retrospectives
- Entrepreneurial spirit — taking initiative and self-starter, as part of a team.
- Proven track record of using quantitative problem-solving skills to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Comfortable navigating a path forward when faced with ambiguity and unexpected challenges
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to build consensus amongst diverse groups
- Thrives in organizations with high levels of cross-team coordination/dependency
- Passion for delighting customers
- Experience in the Learning & Simulation space
- Experience with VR/AR and gaming development platforms
- Product management experience with data science platforms
- Experience with B2B or enterprise customer
Benefits and Perks
Health and Dental Benefits Package and paid vacation are just the beginning of our Employee Incentives Program. Have a voice as we grow to offer perks that are meaningful and suit the needs of you and your family!
Where We Work
We work together in an amazing 8000 sq. ft studio in Toronto (The Junction) featuring the state of the art motion capture facility. Just minutes away from Dundas West Station, off the main road, our staff love our hidden XR and Virtual Production paradise.
Our core values support teamwork and transparency that allow us to create more together than we could alone. Through ongoing learning and self managing initiative we seek to improve our skill sets, find better ways of working and ultimately deliver creative experiences that make our customers say wow!
- Find Learning
- Design for Wow
- Work for Teamwork
- Take Initiative
- Interact with Transparency
We are an employer who values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional.
Tell me and I forget, Teach me and I remember, Involve me and I learn.
Expected Start Date: 2021-02-01